Plain Wrap - Original Music For A Generic World (1985)




Released in 1985 on Enigma Records, these Huntington Beach, California punkers (which formed in 1983) released this LP, an "upbeat, poppish mix of punk, metal and funk". They also appeared on several Flipside Comps and a 7" single or two if I recall.
The standouts here include "Myron", their cover of "For What It's Worth", the metallized punk of "Black Luck Man" and the Red Hot Chili Peppers feel of "Plain Wrap".


Band Members:
Don Wrap - Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Harmonica, Percussion
Bob Gnarly - Bass, Vocals, Percussion
Greg Keen - Drums, Vocals, Percussion
Mike Rosso - All Drum Tracks

All Songs written by Don Wrap (except For What It's Worth)
Produced by Plain Wrap and Chaz
Recorded at Casbah Studios - Fullerton, CA




Downloads all available on main page : http://azlocal.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome blog! i've been checking it out for a while.

i have this album and actually found a copy on cd from some european label. there's also a split cd with mox nix (plain wrap's previous incarnation) on grand theft auto records. it's all demo material, but really good.

C said...

Thanks for the nice comments!
I couldn't find it on CD anywhere, how is the demo stuff with Mox Nix? I have not heard that.

Anonymous said...

the cd of this is probably out of print. i didn't know it even existed until finding it about 8 years ago.

the demo stuff is really good, but less varied and faster.

Anonymous said...

- Thanks a lot for uploading this one !
Just what I was looking for... :-)

Thrashor said...

MySpace: New page from Don. Looks like the album will be released this year. They just played a show in HB ca. BTW...That ST, Black Flag, Dycry flyer...I was at that show. Black Flag bailed, Circle Jerks played. Singer for Abandonned was soooo drunk when he fell into the crowd he had his wallet ripped off. Great show, great memories. Mike Muir Jumped on my FACE!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm having no luck with the download. Can anyone help me out?

millah87 said...

The link isn't working for me. Can anyone help me out?

millah87 said...

The link isn't working for me. Can anyone help me out?

C said...

I have refreshed the link, enjoy

C said...

I have refreshed the link!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this upload. I have been looking for this for a long time. Ah, tha memories!

Unknown said...

awesome, thanks

k-xi said...

grrrrreat!! thnx for this one!!!!

Mike said...

Just found a copy of this lp at Goodwill. Originally was going to pass because I thought it looked a little cheesy (which, well, it is...) but definetly not bad. Glad I spent the buck on it!

Kenny said...

Yo, link don't work. i'd appreciate it if you can help me out with getting these recordings. fuckin love this band and have a DVD of them live I want to hear their studio recordings! thanks so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Any chance you could up this again? Link isn't working and I can't find the recordings anywhere else. Thanks!

CAGuitarGirl said...

I still have mine!!!

Marco said...

The link looks like it isn't working. Can you refresh it again? Please/thank you :)